I was at podium last night and was talking with this family before they checked it. The little boy had a light up Buzz Lightyear and was acting like a space ranger. I got out from behind the podium and started to play and be silly with him. He wouldn't really say words he would just fake punch the air and make loud "rah!" sounds. Ha. He was cracking me up. So they went inside then later when they came out of dinner the dad and the little boy came back up to the podium. Even though I was halfway in the middle of checking a turn in I stepped out again to say hi. Since he got a sword inside he was now a brave Knight. So the dad looks at me and says, "TJ has something to ask you". I look down at TJ and say, "yes?". He mumbled something and I thought I heard him right but knelt down to his level and asked him to repeat his question. He then speaks up a little more and says, "I was wondering if you would want to marry me?". I started to laugh and said, "oh my goodness, this is a first. Well TJ how old are you?" He was still looking at his feet and said, "four and a half". I returned with a, "Well I will tell you what. How about you ask me in about fifteen years. Because I still have to talk to my mom and you still have to talk to my dad. I know with Facebook these days things are official like its no big deal but I'm old fashion". His dad started to laugh and then said to TJ, "how does that sound, buddy? We'll come back in fifteen years okay?" I looked at TJ and talked with him for a little longer and then asked, "Since I have to wait a little while could I have a kiss before you go?" TJ gives me a kiss on the cheek and I gave him a hug and said goodbye. The most precious proposal.
Side-Story: This family came up to ask about our walk-in availability. The normal, "no I'm sorry we are sold out" is what I usually say. but something about this family made me want to get them in. I kept talking with them and talking with my coordinator. The stars must have aligned because we were able to take them. All five of them. They were incredibly grateful and the little girl was so excited. When they came down from dinner they were just ecstatic with excitement and gratefulness. They all gave me hugs and said thank you over and over again. I technically had not much to do with it but I was so happy to get them in. They were talking about how I was such a blessing and this was the little girls wish when I gave her a wishing star and the Uncle was praying it would work out and they just had the most wonderful time and so on and so forth. I love it. I love it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment