Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Not-So-Scary

October 6th

The day started out but going to play in the parks. Me and some friends went to Magic Kingdom.
















It was good pre-parking before I was going to go back tonight before the Halloween Party.

I had about an hourish to turn myself into a Dutchess. I did feel super royal in my blazer.















I went to the party with two friends from work. We rocked that party. We met characters, trick or treated, talked to lots and lots of people, saw the castle show and met villains, watched the parade right up close, saw the fireworks (amazing amazing amazing. They had the perimeter fireworks again for the finale) , and ate far too much candy.

Every time we would meet a character I would start talking to them by saying, "yes, (showing my gorgeous ring from Diana) I had to leave my prince at home back in England" It was the best because each character would end by saying, "Tell Prince William we say hello and safe travels back"

My favorite character reaction was Tiana and Navine. It was the first time I had met them so I was already excited. Tiana comes up to me and says so sweetly, "Hello there darlin, well aren't you just beautiful? I love this" She was referring to the hat/feather/net thing on my head. I thanked her and told her I liked her crown as well. She then looked at me and was clearly trying to figure out who I was. So I did my spleel, "yes, well (holding up my ring) I had to leave my prince back in England tonight"She looked at me up and down and I could practically see the lightbulb go off. She squeeled, "OH my goodness! Your Kate! Your Kate! She's Kate! Oh I want another cuddle (hug)" So my friend yelled me behind the camera, "Did you leave your accent back in England too?" So I put on my best accent and started to talk to Tiana and Navine again. They were ecstatic. Tiana was just smiling ear to ear. And once I had my picture with Tiana, Navine jumped in and said, "Wait, you can't hog her all to yourself, I want my picture too" During our group picture this time I just was playing up the accent and talking about tea or something, they just were cracking up. As I had to leave Tiana goes, "Another cuddle for me, oh you all will have to come back to see us, she is too much, there goes Kate. Goodbye!" It was the funniest most unique visit with a character I've ever had.

Enough typing, time for pictures (if you haven't seen them on facebook already. I still don't know how to make a neat way to put pictures on blogger, so I apologize for the randomness of them.






1 comment: