I want to thank everyone for all the sweet kind words. All the texts, all the wall posts. I am just so overwhelmed with the amount of support. I felt so at peace throughout the whole audition I know I could not have done that with out all the prayers and not without the grace of God.
Fun fact:
1) there were about 367 college program students lined up to audition. Lots of loud, had-to-many espresso shots in their starbucks college program students, mind you. I was number 186.
Throughout a series of 'I don't know what count we're on', 'am I doing jazz hands right?', and 'who the heck can I watch to just copy' dances, Lord knows how I made it to the final round.
Fun fact:
2) I auditioned two (mind you, TWO!) years ago and made it to the final round as well. I kinda recognized one of the recruiters and knew for a fact he would not remember me. He had helped me with characterization and different exercises when I auditioned last. He looked at me and said, "you've auditioned before, I recognized you when you were dancing". Two years. and he remembered me. I was blown away.
The only other thing I can say about the audition is that I was really happy with the yellow dress that I got to wear.
Fun fact:
3) I won't know any more results for about three weeks. But one thing it did set in stone is that I will be applying to extend my program into the spring semester. That means I will be here until May. Whether that means I'll be in entertainment I won't know until I get accepted.
The day was long, tiring, and very positive.
The first person I called was my mom. And when I began talking with her I just started to cry. A big event like this makes it that much harder to be away from home where I can't hug or jump up and down with anyone. I was hit with so much emotion throughout the morning, from the past week of encouragement, to looking forward to what may lie ahead in the future, it just all came in the form of running mascara and a sniffily nose.
Thank you, thank you, thank you to all you wonderful readers and friends.
Oh Michelle, I'm SO happy for you (((hugs)))
ReplyDelete~Lauren