Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Smiley Stories

Today I was smiley. All day long. From riding Soarin with the Phillips to the cupcake I got while folding napkins at the end of the night. Everything before, in between, during, and after was making me smile. Lets start from the morning.

Got to get Starbucks with Eliza before we met up with the wonderful Phillips family at Epcot.
Road rides and ate food.
Had to leave and go to work.

STORY:
While in ride for Soarin I met these two wonderful little girls. They were 8 and 6. The most perfect ages. They were showing me there new pin lanyards and telling me about their day. I had talked with their mom and she said she was just amazed and astounded at the Castle and thought the fireworks and lights were amazing. So I ended up telling her I worked there. I kept talking with the little, the most precious girls. And I just want to say if I wouldn't trade a yellow dress for the amount of time I had with those girls in my normal day clothes. They were so sweet and so cute I could hardly stand it. It was so easy talking with them and making them laugh about something small and silly. I asked the mom if they were going back to Magic Kingdom and she said they were tomorrow so I said, "Come to the podium and ask for Michelle and I might have a little surprise for you two ladies". The mom was so excited and so were they. The mom made sure I got a picture with them before I caught back up with the rest of my party. So my plan is to pray I'll be assigned downstairs tomorrow, pray I remember both of their names, get wishing stars and wands ready, and buy them both new princess pins for their new pin collection. I'm hoping it all works out :)

STORY
A princess asked Cinderella in the lobby, "How long does it take you to go to the bathroom in your dress? Like an hour?" It was so humorous and made us laugh so hard. I have never heard that question before. Cinderella was so perfect with her answer and sweet laugh, "Its just like when you wear a dress, not long at all"

STORY
This is from my co-worker's status to give you a short idea of what went on:
Got to help make a little girl's wish come true today during her Make-a-Wish trip for her cancer. Her dream was to go inside the castle so Michelle Martin and I brought her inside, showed her all the little details, introduced her to Cinderella, and gave her a wand and a wishing star. Her entire family was overcome with gratitude and we got hugs and pictures from all of them. It broke my heart to think of that that little girl is going through and made me count my blessings. God bless that little girl.
It was the most amazing time and the most precious little girl. I tear up just thinking about it. She was so sweet and her whole family was so excited because we made their whole trip. That was the only thing she wanted to do and we made it possible. That memory will never be forgotten.

STORY
This one family was waiting in the lobby by themselves because the fireworks would have been too loud for their four month old baby. I was talking with them and playing with the little baby then finally got to meet the two year old. She was incredibly shy. I used every trick in my book but she would always run to her mom and hide behind her dad. But finally I figured out how to make her laugh. We have the microphone in the lobby that we use to call the royal families names when their table is ready. So I went over there and tried using it and it wasn't "working". I kept "testing" it but no sound would come out. So I asked for help from the little princess. She came over and I pushed the button down to turn it on. Her voice filled the lobby with her quiet yet excited, and quick, "hello". We were playing lots of other games but that was her favorite. Just hearing that little voice over the speakers was so cute I couldn't even stand it.

STORY
Eliza and Justin came to visit me at work today and saw me in greeter action. They got to come into the lobby and say hi to Cinderella. I love when friends visit me at work because I am in my complete element there. It was incredibly sweet of them.

It was a fast paced night but I just am so amazed at how different everyday is. I still truly feel like I'm welcoming people into MY lobby which is horrible because the guests are not there to see me, they are there to see Cinderella. But just meeting people and seeing how happy they are to be there makes me so happy. I get into my complete element and am continually grateful for my location. I don't deserve it but I am taking in every part of it and trying my best to give each family attention and make their Castle visit spectacular.

Thank you everyone for the support and reading. I hope you are still enjoying it as much as I am writing it. I wish I could write more. If you think about it keep praying for me to have peace with whatever the outcome of my audition is. I should be finding out in the next few days.


4 comments:

  1. Wish we had a webcam of all these sweet moments . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear if the 2 little girls get their pins, wishing stars and wands! You are a gem Michelle and most deserving of your position in the castle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the stories coming. I am smiling too! You got to ride Soarin'? Lucky Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all Michelle. Thanks fior sharing all of this with us.....

    ReplyDelete