Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Glitter Slippers

Pre-Story: Last week there was this family in lobby that I was watching and it turned out the little birthday princess snow white broke her shoe. It was a shoe that actually wasn't sold in the parks. It was her birthday and after their picture with Cinderella I told them to go upstairs to have a seat and I would see what I could do about the shoes. We can give out these slips called 'No Strings Attatched' which is basically for any type of guest recovery for a magical moment type of thing. I asked my coordinator and he gave me the okay to go across to Castle Couture for a new pair of slippers. They didn't have the same ones so I actually got to get her these beautiful sparkly slippers for every princess outfit. I went upstairs to the dining hall and went to their table and showed them to her and she just gasped with excitement. They fit her and she was such a lady and couldn't stop saying, "Thank you Michelle! Thank you!" It was such a sweet magical moment. The whole family thanked me and I told her to enjoy the rest of her birthday.

Today: I'm escorting a big family of eleven out of the park since it was a Christmas party night. I'm talking with the mom and then I feel this hug tight around my waist and next thing I knew I was looking into the eyes of the birthday princess from FOUR days ago. She looks right at me, still hugging me, and says, "Michelle! Thank you so much for the slippers! I love them!" She was so incredibly genuine that I could have cried. She kept giving me hugs and saying thank you over and over. I asked her if she enjoyed the rest of her birthday and she answered with an animated, "Yes I did!". I had to keep moving but I blew her a kiss and said good night and she just grabbed my hand and smiled then left. The best part of the whole story. My name tag was hidden behind my hair. She one hundred percent remembered me.

I learned today that my location is totally by chance. My area in Full Service Food and Beverage is based on how I did in my phone interview but where they put you is totally random. I know its been over three and half months but I will never get sick of the stories, never get sick of the princesses walking around the dining room, never get sick of the "Look honey, we're INSIDE the Castle", and never get sick of the magic you can find and create everyday. God is kind. Too kind and I don't deserve it and that is why I never want to take this opportunity I have for granted or waste it with complaining and negative energy.

More to come. Thank you for being patient. Being at the right place at the right time seems to be a theme. That is what I will say for now.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you! I love you! Jess loves you, Lyss loves you, UScott loves you...you will always be our Belle! always! Keep looking to the real Prince (of Peace)! He is the only One who truly makes the magic and can make your dreams come true! Miss you more now than ever!

    ReplyDelete