Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Great Wonder not Mindless Wander

My mind can wonder. Its been wondering alot lately over small, out-of-my-control things. But I still let it wonder nonetheless. Oh, to be a girl.

This morning I got to skype mom and Olive. It was much needed and started my day off with laughs and smiles. (I still cry every time Olive comes onto the screen. I one hundred percent can't help it)

Eliza and me went early to shop for the pins that I was going to give my little visitors later today (see previous post if you don't know what I'm talking about). I was so excited for them to come visit and was praying that I would be assigned downstairs. I got my assignment and I was Seater 1. Crap. It means I would be upstairs all night. Crap. So before our dinner turn started I went down to podium to walk around and look for my new friends. I told all the people down stairs that they were coming and that if they asked for me to please, please, please let me know. So I was doing my job upstairs and kinda bumming it and kind of out of it and my mind was just all over the place. We are getting into the second turn and I go back down again and they still say no one has stopped by. I started to think that either they couldn't come or came earlier and I wasn't there. Needless to say I was bummed again. I wouldn't be able to do my magical moment or see those sweet girls again. We are fully seated for the second turn of dinner and we go downstairs to fold napkins. As I'm still just slowly moving along the break room door opens and its the greeter who is lobby downstairs all night. She looks right at me and says, "Michelle, they're here". I couldn't believe it. My mouth dropped and I just kept saying, "are you serious?! for real!?" I ran up those stairs smiling so wide. I got to the lobby and walked towards the doors to the outside. I looked all around and then I saw them. Those sweet girls. I said hello and knelt down to give them hugs. They both hugged me and the whole time the mom was playing paparazzi with her camera. They had their lanyards on with lots of new pins. They pointed out their favorites to me and talked about their day full of rides and adventures. The mom told me they kept asking her all day, "When are we going to see Michelle?" I laughed and then told them I had some surprises for them and that they would have to close their eyes. They both smiled and put their hands over their eyes. I got out the pins from my pocket and when the mom saw them she gasped. I kept telling them to keep their eyes closed as I tried to find space on their lanyards for their new castle pins. I pinned them both then told them to keep their eyes closed and hold out their hands. I handed them both wishing stars. I said they could open their eyes and they looked at the wishing stars with awe. They didn't really say anything. The grandmother was still snapping pictures and the mom was still gasping a little. They both looked at me and said, "Thank you Michelle". I got more hugs. And what really got me was when the youngest said, "Michelle, can you watch the parade with us?" I would have traded anything to watch the parade with those sweet girls. They said thank you again and I talked with them a little bit more. But then I was called to go up. I hugged them again and hugged the mom as she was thanking me again and again. Then I said goodbye to the dad and he gave me the most grateful look and said, "Thank you Michelle for everything". I left and had to run upstairs to bus and set tabled but the whole time I could not help smiling and was back in the full swing of my Castle element. I had given up hope that they would come but just the fact that they remembered and the timing was perfect where I could have my own magical moment with them was priceless.

The Lord is so kind to me. When I'm thinking only of myself about this, that, and the other He throws me a curve ball and surprises me continually when blessing and moments through out my day just because He can. His plan for me in Disney is big and whatever it comes to be in these next few days I want to be one hundred percent in it with my whole heart.

1 comment:

  1. The Lord is so amazing......I hope every person feels His presence like you do.

    ReplyDelete