Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Homeschooled

I bonded today with two young girls. I was escorting them and their moms out of the park (party night) and we started talking. I asked if they were missing any school and the one goes, "NOPE! We're homeschooled!" So I went on to tell them that I had been homeschooled for a little and this and that and reading and making our own clothes and so on. But one thing really almost made me cry. I asked them what their favorite part about being homeschooled was and they go, "probably being with our mom all day" That is the exact reason I loved being homeschooled. I loved cosco trips and goodwill runs with mom. I wouldn't trade all the book smarts in the world for the time I loved just sitting and drinking coffee with mom in the morning.

To end my shift me, another seater, head chef, and a family friend of the chefs watched the holiday fireworks from inside the empty dining room in the Castle. It was amazing and so unique. There were maybe seven of us there and meanwhile 22,000 other people were watching the same show outside. Incredible.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you honey! I miss all our times together as well . . . the Castle and the guests are so blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete