Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Glass Family

October 16th, 2011

A very dear family is in town. The Glass family. I have been talking to Liana about the college program and about her audition and about life down here in Florida. And now she is here! I had work at 7AM till 230PM. Stocking. So it went by quick and fast but still tiring. I clocked out and went to go find them outside. Once I found them I gave them all hugs and said hello and was so happy to see them. I've grown up in the church with this family but never have actually super personally known them. It was just so comfortable being around them and talking and just seeing familiar faces! It went to show me how incredibly blessed I have been to grow up in a church where community is encouraged and so strong.

So once I saw them I asked them,
"Now, I have a question for you all"
With their minds turning they were trying to figure out what was going on and said together, "yeah?"
"Have you all ever been inside the castle?"
They looked at each other smiling but still confused. "No"
"Would you like to?"
This is when it clicked. "really!? yes!"
We waiting for Mr. Glass and waiting for all the families to check in for lunch then once everyone was checked in my coordinator opened the ropes for us and we walked into Cinderella's Royal Lobby. It was empty (my favorite) and we walked around and they asked me questions and I gave them some background of how I got started and about working at the Castle and this and that. I loved talking to them so much. It was just so fun and I felt so honored to give them this

Me, Liana, and Bridgette rode Space Mountain
special "tour". We then rode the Royal elevator up to the restaurant and stayed against the wall to look around and talk some more. Servers said hi and then as I was pointing out where the princesses were Snow White just finished with her last table and came up to me and said, "Hello Michelle, are these your friends?" I told her yes and she continued to talk with us and ask questions about how our day was going and what adventures we were going to embark on. She was the sweetest and even though she didn't have to she asked, "would you all like to take picture?" So I took the family picture and we said our good byes. I did not plan for Snow White to come up to us and talk to us. It was such a nice surprise, even for me! We went back downstairs and talked more and more and more and more.
















These two girls feel like my sisters already. They are so goofy and beautiful and graceful. I felt so special just to be able to spend time with them. We met back up with the parents and they invited me back for dinner at their resort, Shades of Green. We got to go to Animal Kingdom then back to the resort for a yummy dinner. And of course all throughout we talked :) My voice was hoarse when I woke up the next morning. I loved it. Such a sweet family and they don't leave till the 22nd so I am hoping to spend even more time with them during their vacation.

I feel like a little bit of home has been brought down to Florida and I get to share my experience here with them. I am so grateful and know I will continue a friendship with this wonderful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment