Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Forty

Today was Magic Kingdom's 40th Anniversary. So it was PACKED and everyone was wearing a Happy Birthday pin with 'WDW' written on it so it was hard to truly distinguish whose birthday it really was.

I worked 745AM-415PM
-Set-Ups for breakfast
-Updater for lunch
While I was updating in the dining room I got some really good feedback from a full-time runner (they pretty much bring entres out, bus tables, and are incredibly fast at everything). He said while I was helping him bus a table, "Michelle, this is why the servers talk about you so much". I was confused and asked him what he meant and he goes, "First they always say how beautiful you are but also what a hard worker you are and that is hard to find these days in College Students". I was a little embarrassed and also very flattered. It made me so happy that my work is going noticed and makes me want to keep up everything that I am doing.

After work I went to change then met a friend to go 'Play' in Magic Kingdom. We walked (or tried) around trying to get some 40th anniversary merchandise but it all was sold out since like 10AM. We met some Princesses at Town Square theater. And Belle remembered me from the Castle. She waved to me while I was in line and mouthed, "Hi Michelle". I could hardly breath. Because at the Castle Belle wears her village dress and here she was in her full-out yellow gown. She was so gorgeous. Pictures to come soon.

As darkness fell over the Magic Kingdom it was time to find a spot for fireworks. I have been in the Castle during the fireworks, I have been backstage during fireworks, but tonight was the first time since I've been here seeing the fireworks as a guest. The pre-show with the projection was probably one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. The whole Castle turned screen-like and changed and changed over and over. It was incredible. Then Wishes started and at the end there were about 4 more perimeter fireworks, during the finale, as a special treat for MK's birthday. It was incredible. And something about watching the castle and knowing I work there just makes me so grateful and incredibly blessed.






































Even though I was with incredibly good people and good friends during the show as I was watching this amazing spectacular I thought of my family and immediately my whole heart sank into my stomach. It was the strangest, the most saddest feeling. My eyes welled up and I wished (go figure watching, "wishes") my family could be here experiencing all this with me. But I know this is my season to grow and as much as I miss my family I know that I will see them again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle it's Neal

    Everyone loves you and you'll see us all again before you know it (I'm counting myself as family). Definitely press into this time that you're away as a way of learning.

    ReplyDelete