Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Eleven Turns Later

October 8th

Hello taking the bus at 645Am. I am super grateful though for the bus. The fact that I can still get to work is such a blessing. Today I was on a triple. Which basically means Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Which basically means eleven turns all together. Which basically means I live at the Castle. Today it was raining. And no, not that 3pm afternoon drizzle then clears up rain. The monsoon, its been pouring, "tip top it looks like a tropical storm" kind of rain. People were soaked through and through and dripping wet and a little bit more cranky and frizzed and a little bit more grateful to be in the castle eating than usual.

Breakfast
For breakfast I was 'updater'. And since breakfast is such a fast turn I felt like it was nothing.The servers clear all their own tables and I help set and get highchairs and boosters when I'm told to by radio and help seat people when needed.

Lunch
During lunch I got assigned to 'greeter assist' which is one of my least favorite assignments. But it funny because the more I dread going down to the lobby the more fun I had while I'm doing it. The only frustrating part about it is when we are into our second turn people are waiting and squished and want to sit down and are all over the place that I just wish I was upstairs busing and setting their tables so they can get up there and out of my lobby. But I get to talk to some really sweet people and get to play with all the little princesses. In the end it was a good lunch and I didn't mind it one bit. It reminds me of being at the salon a little bit because I deal with them in the beginning and try to butter them up and then during the in between I don't see them but then in the end i get to ask how their experience was and remember little things we talked about before. My favorite story from lunch was when there were alot of people in the lobby waiting to get seated. I'm walking back and forth and then a family comes down the stairs and this little princess just runs down and wraps her hands around my waist and gives me the biggest hug. It was so sweet that she remembered me and I knelt down and asked her about her lunch. Then her mom took a picture of us. Its such a weird thing thinking that years later that family might be looking at their Disney Vacation 2011 album and see me with their little princess but at the same time I feel like I'm apart of something so much bigger than just a picture, I'm apart of a memory.

Dinner
Dinner was a whole five turns. Which means whatever I get assigned I'm stuck with all night. I clocked back in from lunch and got 'Seater 2'. Not too shabby just can get boring. But You fold in between turns and meet and can talk to people and get to watch engagements and wired up on their cupcake princesses. We had a few happenings at the Castle for dinner:
1) It was still raining and would not let up or stop or slow down or anything. It just poured.
2) There was a lesbian engagement (that was...unique and something I never thought would see in my life)
3) These two little princesses I would talk to were so excited to tell me everything they were doing that day. I went to their table and asked them if they were liking their desert then one just held out a little chocolate chip from her cupcake and said, "for you!" I held out my hand and started laughing and said, "thank you so much you are too sweet princess" then the other one hands me a sprinkle and says, "Here's a blue one!". It ended up turning into this whole game that they would hand me all their toppings for their cupcake. I just couldn't stop laughing, they were the sweetest. When they got up to leave I said good bye to them and told them to have fun watching the fireworks so then the little one grabs my skirt and starts to pull it saying, "Can you come watch them with us?". It was too precious and I wish more than anything that I could have joined them.
4) There are alot of good looking dads out there
5) Alot of people have blue eyes. Gorgeous blue eyes.
6) Seated a couple from Waldorf, Maryland

The long day ended and thinking about it after. We had eleven turns today. Our dinning room capacity is 211. I dealt with, talked with, observed, seated, and greeted about 2,300 guest today. Obviously not on my own but roughly. That is incredible and I am continually blessed with this job and hoping it opens up more opportunities for me.

1 comment: