It was the first turn of breakfast and I was updating. Which pretty much means I have a radio on and look more important than what I actually do. I get highchairs and boosters for tables when the Assignor tells me too but during the first turn I pretty much help seat and watch people. So there was one table in particular. It was two parents, a little princess, and another guy. The guy didn't have a wedding ring on so in my head I was guessing he was the hot uncle. Ha. Throughout breakfast I'm walking around and standing and watching how things are going. This table keeps catching my eye. And I couldn't really not look because I'm telling you all this family was so sweet looking and the uncle was gorgeous. So finally things are turning and I'm helping out with setting and this and that. The family gets up to leave and I'm standing by the exit. They walk up and I say, "did you all have a nice breakfast?". They say they did then the dad goes, "But we wanted a picture with you because we know your a princess in disguise". I was so surprised and just laughed. I didn't even have time to say anything else before I knew it I was standing next to the uncle and we were posing for a shot. I told them all how sweet they were and asked where they were from then knelt down to talk to the little girl. I thanked them again and said goodbye.
It was quite the way to start off the next ten turns.
But then I could have kicked myself. The rest of the morning I was in 'la la princess land' but when I told my story to an older lady co-worker (in the morning its like all my regulars at the salon coming to help at the castle. Just the sweetest ladies and the most fun) and she goes, "Michelle!! That's when you say, 'you can take a picture with me if you send me a copy'. Well there went your chance of a lifetime with prince charming. He's never coming back". So then I got mad at myself for a little bit but realized maybe in the picture my name tag is showing and my hometown and maybe he'll go on this amazing adventure to try to find me and he'll stop at nothing*...whoa! That's enough of that. No more chick-flicks for me for a while. Goodness gracious.
The rest of the day I was updating and setting tables. It was alot of running around and tiring but I got through it. Today I go in at 115 to stock for dinner. Pretty simple as long as our elevator doesn't break.
*That whole statement and rambling was a joke. I really wasn't mad and I wasn't thinking he was going to come back to sweep me off my feet. Disney hasn't gotten to me that bad yet. Promise.
I love the whole story.....but the older co-worker had good advice....lol. There is a Prince Charring for you Michelle........I'm sure of it.
ReplyDelete