Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pen Needed

So I was at podium all night tonight and I can be really restless at podium for five whole turns. I get so sick of saying:

"Is your party all here?"
"are you on the Disney Dining Plan today?"
"Any high chairs or boosters for your little princess?"
"The bathrooms are straight back that way"
It gets very old and very blurry at times.

So tonight, despite the headache I had all night, I was trying to walk around the lobby, the court yard, anything and anywhere to just get myself away from behind that podium for a little. So towards the end of the night this family came way early and was sitting down outside. I went over to them and started talking with the little girls. I asked the one in the stroller who her favorite princess was and she said, "Bethany". Bethany was her older sister. The most precious. So it turned out that we could check them in early. They were very thankful and went in to the lobby to see Cinderella and have a seat to wait for their table. After a little I went into the lobby to check things out. People were waiting, grumpy, hungry, staring at me like I had the power to make the people eating go any faster. The little girl and her older brother comes up to me and hand me two autograph books. The little boy says, "We want you to sign our books because we thought you were very nice. And I think your nice too". I was so flattered. I opened the book and saw Cinderella's signature then turned to a fresh page to sign my name. A felt like I was in a special club. The 'autograph book' club. I loved it and thanked them. I was so nervous I really don't think my autograph was anything spectacular. I remember drawing a heart. Hmmm. It was a good night though despite my restlessness and energy from Lord knows where because I don't think my body has fully recovered from being home and working those two triples.

Right after work I got to have a late night Starbucks with a friend. Wearing my curtain skirt in public is not weird to me which kind of worries me sometimes. They kicked us out and we still weren't halfway done talking and catching up. Coffee and chatting with friends is my favorite.

I'm back at the Castle at 7:45am tomorrow. Love it.

2 comments:

  1. I meant it when I said you should save all these blog entries and publish them in a book. You have a way of drawing us all in...a way of picking that one thing out of a huge experience that's going to affect us the most. Sounds like you had a very princessy day. Remember, it's the little things in life that mean the most. Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soooooo agree with Lauren! We all missed your posts soooooo much while you were home. I've never followed a blog before. I'm not sure I would if I didn't know the person. I can't wait to come back to Disney, I soooooo wish I could come before Christmas and see all the decorations.
    Thanks again for sharing your adventures.

    ReplyDelete