Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pixied

I forgot to tell my favorite story of my Halloween night. I was outside waiting to walk families (we didn't end up having to walk any because the fact that is WAS Halloween and everyone eating WAS going to the party after) so me and my goofy friend Katie were walking around the Castle. We were being ridiculous of course and silly. We were talking about Castle Couture and how they pixie dust all the little princesses (we would know because we wipe off so many chair with glitter ALL over it). I have never gotten pixie dusted before and I figured Halloween is a good time to do it! We walked over to the store and asked the kind lady. She was so sweet and said, "of course!". I was so excited. She brought out the magic wand full of pixie dust and walked around the counter. I knelt down so she could reach my hair. She said in the most delightful tone, "now close your eyes and make a wish". I covered my eyes with my hands and made my wish. I honestly could feel my heart beat fast at this point. Then she goes, "Now, all you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust". I could feel the tiniest pixie dust fall on my hair. Then I got shivers. It sounds so silly but in the moment I honestly felt the "magic" of what the girl did for us. It was late. She had probably worked all day dealing with grumpy guests and whiny kids. Yet, here, just for us, she did the whole pixie dust routine when she knew we were cast members and would have just been happy with a little dash of glitter. As silly as it sounds it was magical. When I told my mom the story she laughed and said I'm under the spell of Disney. And maybe I am. Everyday is something new with more stories and more magical moments. I feel so blessed to be apart of them on the giving and receiving side.

No comments:

Post a Comment