During these long days it has just made me realize and learn how much goes into running a restaurant. From downstairs to the computers to the seaters to the runners to the kitchen to the prep time to the floor time to the princesses and to the celebration to the stairs to the elevator...it all is just one big event that is for one purpose-to make magic for the guests. And it is all worth the repetition and whining and screaming kids and same questions when you get those guests that walk out and say beaming, "That was the best dining experience we've ever had. It was just spectacular". At the end of a 13 hr shift that is what makes it all worth it.
Within these compacted days I was also getting multiple guests ask, "You switch with the other princesses right?", "so your trying to be a princess right?", etc. Every time I get floored. I can't even think of an answer half the time I just smile and my heart beats fast. I get into this 'lala' land mode and am worthless work-wise for about 2 minutes. It is so sweet just because if a guest sees something when I'm in regular costuming then something has to be happening. I just am still praying and still appreciating everything that is going on at the Castle. Its been such a learning experience and everyday is something new.
No comments:
Post a Comment