Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Turned Tables

Today I had a 1130AM-1030PM shift. I was a seater (which means I take guests to their tables as they come upstairs with their Royal Invitation) for all of lunch (which is 3 turns long (which means each table gets sat and set three times))

During dinner we usually have 5 turns but since the whole park is slowing down for the fall season we usually only have 4. I was 'seater/setter' for all of dinner pretty much which means that I bus tables, get set ups, and run around with a radio in my ear (which means I look more official than anything I really know so people ask me things and I'm like "uhh...") And in between we all fold napkins (because at at the end of the night we have to have 22 full bins and when they are all done we all get to go home). It all went by fairly fast with nothing out of the ordinary. However, we did have three 'code V's' or 'protein spills' during the course of the day. Which basically means some kid threw up. Glad I wasn't around any of those. It is just really humorous listening on the radio and everyone is going, "code v on table 12, protein spill in the lobby". The castle lingo gets me every time. I am still loving it and loving all the people. Everyone has been very sweet.

As far as my audition goes tomorrow there has been a little mix up. I had been planning to go all along and everyone at work knows and is very encouraging in telling me that I'll do great, and I look like a great Belle, and this and that. So everyone has been wishing me luck all day. Then I got a message in the middle of the work day telling me about a mandatory meeting that I have scheduled with housing operations at 9Am tomorrow, which is the same exact time as the audition. I pretty much just have to wake up SUPER early tomorrow to get it all straightened out or ask if it can be rescheduled or something or other. We'll see what happens. But any prayers for peace and content with whatever has to happen would be so greatly appreciated.

Continued thanks to everyone with the texts and well wishes and everything. I appreciate it all and miss everyone very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment