Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Update

So today I worked 2:45-10:30. I was at podium for a hot second then got bumped to updater. Which is my favorite assignment. What updater does is works with the assignor of the tables and makes any changes for that turn. For example if someone asks for a highchair or booster I here it on my radio and get it ready. I love it because it moves fast and is such an adventure all the time because its like a puzzle and you look for the tables about to get up and pounce on it for the next family who is waiting. We pretty much had 5 turns for all of dinner, but I didn't even mind because I like it so much. The night went fast and as i was running around dodging servers, princesses, children, falling plates, a lady looked at me and said, "your so fast". I laughed and said, "why thank you. I hope I don't look to angry because sometimes when I get a mission I just focus on it too much". She said I didn't and I thanked her again. She was so sweet and it was just a good reminder to always have a "disney look" face on because everyone is looking around and the guests notice things.

I have the next two days off which is such a nice relief. I'm going to spend most of tomorrow super organizing and being around the house mostly.

P.S. If I haven't explained something or anyone is confused about anything please let me know. I never know what people really want to hear because alot of it I just feel silly writing about in general. But again, the purpose of this is more 'dinner table' chat, this and that, over here, over there, guess what, guess who, met them, went here, etc. Knowing who is reading really helps me mentally. Writing makes me miss everyone but at the same time it helps the missing everyone part. Because I know in some way everyone is aware of what is generally going on and it makes me feel so good. It helps me express what everyday life is like and I feel like you all are apart of it. How cheesy-ball of me to say but its true if it makes sense. So, in conclusion, thank you. Thank you all for reading, thank you for all the support. I appreciate it more than you know.

2 comments:

  1. Honey, I look forward to reading your blog daily. I always felt you were and are a great writer. You have a great mix of facts and stories. It makes me wish I had time for our old family blog. Keep up the good work. I am very proud of you. Let me know how the car is doing. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always read it Michelle <3
    - Your cousin Rachael Martin

    ReplyDelete