Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September 11th

Sunday, September 11th
God bless all the families that were affected by what happened ten years ago. It was weird hearing all the stories and seeing alot of the footage again in the break room at work. Now that I'm older and understand more and see it...it gave me chills. I worked 1030-1030. What I learned at work today, or more like re-iterated-not everybody is going to like you. And the reason they don't like you won't make any sense or won't have any reason for. And you can't control what people think about you. As long as you (get ready for it) are true to who you are and stay honest then they can't hurt you. So worrying, talking, or trying to change to make them like you is pointless and not worth the energy. Its a good lesson that is still in the process. I'm there to work, not make best friends, or make a "this is how many people like me" chart. So after clocking out the night was still not over. I went home and changed in a hot second then me, my roommates, and Eliza went back to the bus and got siked for the Pre-Halloween parade preview! That started at 1:15Am. Hello, college hours.

P.S. I also learned today that Aunt Beth and Amy read my blog! I am so grateful hearing about all my readers and who is following. When mom told me I was beaming!! It truly makes not being home more bearable because I feel like everyone is apart of what I'm doing by reading. I love them and miss home dearly.

P.P.S I was sent a multiple pictures while I was at work. Here is one of them










I LOVE LOVE getting picture messages from my family and as I looked at it in the break room then calling mom and hearing all the hubbub in the house while I said hi on speaker phone I couldn't help it-I cried. I wanted to bawl but I still had work left. So I cried some more in the bathroom, said goodbye, and finished work. I miss my family so much and just seeing little Olive in her baby jersey is going to make this football season that much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment