Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Not-So-The-Same

Work today was from 1130-815. I was greeter/greeter assist/seater for a hot second/and seater, setter for a little. So did a lot of this and that. It was good. Its exciting because today was the first night for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween parties. In September they are Tuesday and Friday and a special ticketed event. They go all until November 2nd then after that the Christmas parties start. This is definitely a good season to be working. All the costumes were so great and the guests get really into it. I saw pirates, crayons, princesses, beasts, characters, objects, and lots of pumpkins. Its super fun because for dinner tonight, because of the party, we only had three dinner turns. So our last check in was at 715. WAYY early for Cinderella's. So all the seaters finish up there job for the turn then we turn into "walkers". Which pretty much means we get to be outside of the castle (which is rare and super fun!) and walk the guests, who are not part of the halloween party, to Main Street. Such a great change of pace and its so fun going out of the castle ground looking at all the costumes, other cast members, and decorations. While we all gathered outside we took a picture. So here are some seaters that I work with regularly. Some are full-time, part-time, and CPs.















A few of the amazing people I work with. I got home around 8:40 and I heard this loud music. I guess there was a housing event happening in out complex field. I met up with my roommates at the pool and got a free hamburger and soda (hello, dinner). Tomorrow is a new day with new adventures. Thank you all again for the kind words, texts, and prayers. I feel incredibly blessed. Especially today when I was outside the castle in my costume. It just felt like I was apart of something so big. I feel so lucky and still have a hard time believing this is all happening at times.

P.S. I met a couple today that just got married and live in Newport, Rhode Island. Of course I talked about Stephanie...they probably are neighbors or something. When I told mom she said "you should have given them Steph's number so they could meet!!" ha. She cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment