Today, for me, was one of those days.
I got to work and right when I got off the bus I hear loud, "Thank you for all you do, thank you". They were handing out Mickey Bars at the beginning of the entrance for work. Literal Mickey Bars.

It was cast appreciation day. That's four dollars I just saved for just showing up at work. Hello happiness.
I was looking forward to work because tonight we only had a three turn dinner night because of Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. I was seating all night and just had a lot of energy. After seating the last turn all the seaters go downstairs and start 'walking' the guests who don't have tickets to the party out to the front gate. Being inside the castle all the time you kind of forget that there are other things in Fantasyland. Walking with guests and talking and looking at the all the costumes is just so much fun and I can never get over looking back at the beautiful lit up castle. It truly is spectacular.
The magical story of the night is when I was walking a family and talking to the two little girls most of the way. They must have been about 7 and 9 maybe. The older one kept asking me all these questions like,
"What do you do in the castle?"
"What is your schedule like?"
"We are here till Tuesday!"
"What do you like most about your job?"
It was cracking me up and she was adorable. It gets better though. She finally asks me, "What is your favorite thing about Disney?"
It was such a good question but I already knew my answer. I looked at her and said, "My favorite thing about Disney is Belle because she is my favorite princess" What she said next left me speechless. She looks up at me and says ever so sweetly, "I think that if your favorite thing about Disney is Belle that you should be her. Because you look like her". I didn't even know what to say. I laughed and said, "oh my goodness, you are such a sweetheart, you think so?" She goes, "Yeah, and even if you can't be her, you should at least be her sister because you guys could pass as sisters" I wanted to cry and laugh and smile all at the same time. I told her that she was the biggest and sweetest princess. When I finally said goodbye to the family I just couldn't believe what just happened. A little girl (ahem, a little princess) said I could be Belle if I wanted to. As I turned around I looked back towards Main Street and saw that magnificent castle. The one I work at. I walked smiling and looking at all the people dressed in the most crazy, out there, awesome, silly, and ridiculous Halloween costumes and just still can't grasp that I am here. Apart of it.
An amazing night for sure. A magical night indeed. I don't have any more words except that it was a good day.
What a sweet story!
ReplyDeletei LOVE LOVE LOVE it :) I just love it so much, and I love you, and this was a great story and it's so true and sometimes i really wish I could have your job :) I just wish we could all do everything
ReplyDelete