Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Pinned

Today I worked 245-915. A short shift which I was grateful for. I clocked in and got my assignment. I got 'SetUps'. What that means is that for almost the whole time I am making up trays of 4, 6, or 8 set ups. Which for dinner is plates, forks, knife, and napkins. So its pretty much counting. I take out the linens and then go fold between turns. Very relaxing and a very nice shift.

The story is that while I was taking down the linens I ran into a server talking to our event planner and holding some pins. I asked him if he was pin trading. He said no and told me he gets a little something for a regular of his that comes to eat. I looked at the pin and it was with three princesses. It was very pretty. I told him how cool it was and he said I could probably get one because they had so much extra. I told him I didn't want to inturupt or ask so he said to me, "Hold on". He popped his head into the office and started talking to our event planner. She came out and I said, "You really don't have to, please don't feel like you have to dig for it". She was so sweet and said, "Of course not! We need to get rid of them, let me just see if I have any left". I told her this would be my very first Disney pin. She said with a smile, "It is! Well this is a big deal then!". She came back a minute later and said, "This is our last one that we have. Your first Disney pin. Welcome to the real World." I laughed and thanked her over and over again.

Here it is. My very first Disney Pin. This probably will start a very unhealthy habit.
A good night for sure. Now the question is-Should I get a lanyard, notebook, belt, hat, etc. for my pin collection?

1 comment:

  1. It is a very unhealthy habit.. I probably have a million. But it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete