BREAKFAST
I got assigned to set-ups which was easy-peasy and I just listened to my ipod and hung out in my little set-up area.
One of the servers came back to get a set-up and started to say I looked like someone famous and he couldn't think of it. I took a guess and said, "Sandra Bullock?". He immediately smiled and said with a spanish accent, "Yes yes! Sandra! Her! You look just like her twin!" I laughed and thanked him because every time I hear that I truly take it as the highest compliment.
LUNCH
I have a pre-story to this next story.
Pre-story: One of our sweetest servers has lots of foot problems and every time I see her I ask her how she is doing. So last Friday (7th) we were in the break room and I asked her how she was and she said her feet were hurting and had to make another appointment and then I said to her, "Well I've been praying for you". She looked stunned and said, "oh you are the sweetest" and I said, "no for real because you are on your feet all day and still have such a good attitude". She thanked me and I forgot about it and just said another little prayer for her.
Today's story: I was at lunch in the Mouse (our cafeteria) and I saw the same server walk over to me and wave. She stopped and said, "I have something to tell you. Remember when you said you prayed for me the other night? Well I went to church Saturday night because you said that. I haven't been in a while and I figured since you were praying for me that I should go" I was so surprised and could only manage a half-laugh and a "oh my goodness, you are so sweet" or something like that. But it was just so encouraging and totally unexpected. It reminded me of 1 Timothy 4:12 "Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity" It is so amazing what little surprises God works out for you within a day. A little comment and a little love can go such a long way.
LUNCH
Another hot subject during lunch was a very special reservation we had at 2:10pm. 'Valastro, Buddy'. Recognize the name? I wouldn't have either...but he is 'The Cake Boss' on TLC. whoa. Rumor had it that he was coming to eat at the Castle with a party of 11. Oh my. Excitement was in the air. And luckily I was assigned to podium so I would be down stairs. When he time came though there was a VIP tour guide that kept talking to our coordinator and they walked straight in. Buddy was not with him though. It was a party of 11 girls (ahem, princesses). The ladies all had big ol' sunglasses and curled hair and walked in like everyone would recognize them when in reality, without Buddy, I would have been like, "Who are you?". I guess they all were drama queens and loud children. But it was fun to talk about and see up close how attitudes change around you when someone "famous" is going to come eat at the Castle.
It was so nice being at podium. I didn't realize how much I missed answering questions and talking to people before they get inside for their reservation. A lady came up to the podium and asked about our availability and I gave her the same, "we are unfortunately sold out but if you call the Disney Dining Line blah blah blah..." She looked at me and thanked me and said, "You know you look so much like Sandra Bullock its amazing". I laughed (of course) and thanked her and she said, "No you really do". I guess doing my makeup speedily and half-awake really vamps up my "Sandra Bullock" face character. I should probably rethink my Halloween costume for next year.
DINNER
Yes, all this stuff really happened and we only 2/3 of the way done with the day. Had another break in the Mouse with some co-workers. When I clocked back in and got my next assignment I was so excited because I got 'updater' which I haven't been in while and I got to see some families finishing up lunch in the dining room that I had bonded with downstairs at the podium before. One family in particular. I got to fit in three extra people for them (which were the dads) and they were so grateful and even though they were one of the last families to check in they got a good table. So we had been talking about them liking the Cowboys and football and Virginia Tech alumni and how Michelle seems to be a popular name today and such. So as I was putting on my headset I asked them how lunch was and they said it was great and thanked me (like I had something to do with it, which I really didn't except in asking). As the dads were getting themselves together one came up to me and said, "You know if you take that name tag off you could pull of Sandra Bullock exactly" I laughed so hard. I thanked him and said goodbye to the rest of the family. As my excitement for the dining room was growing it was taken away from me in about 3 seconds. My manager switched me with the girl who was doing set-ups. She hadn't had lots of confidence or practice with busing and setting tables so she was switched with me. Crap. Stuck in the back. Again. Not super happy especially since it was a Halloween party night which means two things: costumes and conversation starters.
However, I finished set-ups early and spent the rest of my night folding napkins. Not ideal but also not my choice. It was no worries. I survived my triple and am now ready for tomorrow to be my Friday.
It was a good day...and apparently a Sandra looking day as well. I'll take it. I truly do love her and hope to look half as good as she does when I'm her age.
No comments:
Post a Comment