
I won't even be able to begin to say everything that happened today. It was one of those overloading days where just nodding and smiling takes actual thinking because all the new information your brain is receiving is very much crammed, stuffed, and mushed together in your brain all in a matter of 7 hours.
It was the first on-site training day which meant one thing to me. I'm going to be in the castle. whoa. It was me and another girl (who is so sweet) with two trainers which was so nice because we got a lot of individual attention. We got a tour of Fantasy Land just to get familiar with where the bathrooms, shops, and more food service is located around the castle. The backstage stuff is elevators, kitchens, and offices of managers. Throughout the whole day there was a lot of walking, meeting people, walking, more meeting people, feeling like your in the way, meeting people, nodding, smiling, etc. First breakfast seating was at 8:05am so we got to be in the restaurant before the guests were coming. We learned table numbers (there are 44 tables and if there is a full house there can be about 170 guests in there at once) Table numbers are hard to learn though cause its not just a nice little circle its like "see 4 over there? okay now 5 is on the other side and 7 is in the middle and 10 is by the window". But once you kinda get a system its like anything else...practice practice.
We went through rules, safety, meeting chefs, meeting servers, meeting managers, seeing princesses stand by their special elevator, learning where supplies are, what jobs are, who people are more, this, that, and all the other. The thing about the castle is that it can't be expanded or anything so whats there is there. Everything was so cramped I always felt like I was in the way. But seeing how everyone acted with each other and were teasing but working and bustling about it reminded me of the work-like-family-craziness at the salon (except this was in food/kitchen
form) and I loved that. I know I'm the new girl and I will mess up but I just have to be teachable and try to keep up and smile.
We also got to have our first go around at seating guests. You take a ticket (ah-hem, their royal invitation) and bring them to their table (as you are supposed to remember where the tables are) and talk to them (while figuring out where their table is still) and say how pretty the little princess looks(while still counting in your head where their table is).
At our breakfast time we got to try all the breakfast food. It. Was. Amazing. Stuffed french toast. Bacon. Fruit bowl. Eggs and potatoes. and Coffee. I have never heard of such a training day but I ate all of it (and it was alot). Met more people, filled out a checklist of all that we were doing, talked, and stood with our backs to the walls in the kitchen while feeling even more in the way than at breakfast.
Side-Note (as I'm thinking about it): We were behind the castle when the park officially opened (at 9) and we heard this announcer all the way down in Main Street say "Three, Two, One! Welcome!" and these firework, flares went up and music started playing loudly and you could practically feel the ground rumbling with excited steps. It was very cool.
So now, after all the long, confusing, and "what the heck is she talking about?"; the fun part. Caption Picture time...for the simpler folk (A.K.A. Sarah who doesn't want to read words)
Front podium where I can have the job of checking in the guests.
That training comes later this week.

Cindy's Royal Table Restaurant
44 Tables All Together

We give these precious little starts out to the little princesses when we seat them. I got one.

P.S. Tomorrow I get to sleep in past 5am. woo-hoo. My shift starts at 3:45 till closing (which is usually midnight. woo-hoo again!)
Michelle it seems like you are having a blast! It sounds like a lot of work, but you'll get it down! I cant wait till we come and see you! By then you'll be a pro! I miss you! Hope you are having a great time. <3
ReplyDelete