
Mom and Dad were attending a hurricane wedding tonight. I texted them at about 10:25pm asking if they were surviving the storm at the wedding and mom texted back "nope still dancing at the wedding!". OH lordy. Then I got this precious picture. I am so proud of them. Sent a 'longer than a one word text' AND a picture message! In the same night and in the same hour! It was a great moment indeed.
Tonight the castle was good. All was well and as I get more and more into it the more and more I love it and love the people I work with. I already picked up an extra shift next week too. I still have to get used to all the guests questions but the more I talk to the easier it gets. Dealing with people waiting though is sad and frustrating because when I am working in the waiting area lobby (downstairs!) I don't control how fast the other guests are eating (upstairs!) and I can't make the list go faster but you just try to be as nice and polite as possible and usually they will be okay. I'm really liking night shift.
My ankle is doing a little better. Not as swollen but the redness has spread more. I don't notice it when I am working but when I get home that's when it hits and when I wake up. I'll be okay though. I'm keeping it wrapped. Thank you for the texts and prayers.
Tomorrow I will be attending church at Summit with the Kauffmans and hopefully make it to work on time as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment