Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dream Come True

Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the LORD , and he will give you the desires of your heart.

As you may (or may not) know, my birthday started out like this....very early













After blogging about it I went to sleep
After I went to sleep I woke up
After I woke up I got ready for the day
After I got ready for the day I walked over to the club house to get my package from home
After I got my package from home I skyped mom and Amanda while I opened it
After I opened it I smiled
After I smiled I talked to Amanda and Kim for a bit
After I talked to them they brought Olive in
After I saw Olive on the screen I started to cry

While I was at work I got this text from mom (she is getting so much practice with sending her own picture messages)













I got to work at 2:45 and got 'Podium' for the first part of my shift.
Guest-Story Time
A dad came up to me and said, "Hi. Me and my family have reservations for tonight. We were hear last year and my son swears that Cinderella is going to remember him. His name is Calum (pronounced "cal-hum") and I was wondering if there was anyway to jog Cinderella's memory". I smiled so big and turned straight to my coordinator. I was practically jumping up and down because it was so exciting. He said we would see what we could do. After I got more of the information from the father I told him we would try our absolute best to ask Cinderella for the favor. The time finally came for them to check in. I instantly remembered the family and checked them in as normal (with an added extra big smile). The coordinator knew it was the family and radioed the photo and character attendants for Cinderella. I went right behind the family to the lobby to witness this "magical moment". The family saw Cinderella and she greeted them with "Hello, again, it is so nice to see you all". The eight year old boy walked up to her with eyes wide and she said to him, "Now let me think, you're Calum. What have you all been up to since I've seen you last?". While they were trying to get situated for the picture the little boy just stared at Cinderella smiling and wide-eyed on her. It was the most precious and the most magical moment. I was beaming and the feeling of helping make it happen was the most perfect birthday gift I could have asked for.
I was in the kitchen maybe 3/4 of the way through my shift. I saw Chef Derick and asked him if he could do me a favor. I wanted a cupcake. He asked me why and I had to kinda slightly tell him because it was my birthday. When I write it out it sounds really dumb, but I truly wasn't running around screaming that it was my birthday all day (I honestly forgot for most of the day that it was my birthday). So he wished me happy birthday then asked me again what I wanted. (At this time Belle is standing by the elevator which is kinda in a the middle of the kitchen). I told him I had never tried that chocolate mousse desert and I wanted a picture with Belle. (Again, sounds worse and more demanding than how it really happened). Derek told Belle it was my birthday and she wished me happy birthday then turned around to get something. She came back and handed me a happy birthday card with this inside














Yes, it is the one they give all the birthday guests, but still, SHE handed it to me. Derek said he would work something out for a picture later and then we all had to get back to work. I honestly was just happy with the card she gave me and was already freaking out about that. Then I got switched to 'Seater 1' which means I was in the restaurant part of the castle for the last part of my shift. The Princesses were all out and Belle passed me, she looked me right in the eye and smiled and said, "happy birthday". Again!

The last turn was over and I finished my side-work. I then went to the break room to fold napkins with some other seaters. On my way down Chef Derick handed me a cupcake on a plate. I smiled and thanked him. As I'm folding with everyone else the door opens and Derick pops his head in and says to me, "Ready for your picture? She's waiting for you". I immediately jumped up with a, "Are you serious?!" I ran up the stairs to the kitchen and there she was standing by the elevator so sweet like. She said hi to me and I thanked her so much for doing this. She said, "Of course its no problem!" We opened the elevator and went half-way for the background of it and posed. We took about three pictures all together. After (or during) I told her I was going to a face-audition in September and would love to be her. She said looking right at me, "Oh really? You'll do great. You are so beautiful. You really are so pretty." I could have died right then. Belle told me I was pretty...what? who!? me? I said thank you and thank you again and was just beaming. I told Derick how he made my life by helping me out. I kinda ran into her again in the stairwell but then I went back to the break room to fold more and tell slash show my pictures to some co-workers downstairs. I ate my incredible cupcake that I completely forgot about and was happy.

Now, wanna see the picture(s)?























All the way home I was overwhelmed with such kindness, love, and just pure gratefulness with everything. From the texts, wall-posts, comments, phonecalls, voicemails, more texts, more wall posts, to Belle saying happy birthday to me. I was taking it all in and know none of it would be happening to me without God's favor. He is so kind and I don't deserve any of this. I feel incredibly blessed and incredibly inept to keep up with it all. I appreciate each persons text, comment, or wall post. I learn about more people each day who are reading this and it makes me so happy to be able to share these stories. I feel connected and I want you all to know how much it keeps me from losing my mind writing on here knowing someone is reading.

Thank you. Thank you a million times. Thank you for making my birthday magical and thank you for all being apart of my Disney dream.

5 comments:

  1. What a great story Michelle! Now you know how your guests feel every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, Great post. I actually cried on Calum's story. What's so great about the Princess Card is you can practice Belle's signature now. I love you honey and I'm grateful you're keeping the Lord first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post michelle! What an amazingg birthday you had, im sure you'll remember that ALWAYS. love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOHOO!! i love this post. i might read it a thousand times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your birthday was Disney magical, Michelle! I'm SO happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete