Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day One

Nerves, excitement, anxiety...all the average emotions of a college student about to find out what the deal is for the next five months. Well, here it is. The details, the rambling, the general picture, and the low down, the "Hurry up and just say it!".

I could just get to the juicy "I will be working at....." but where is the fun in that? The day started out with Starbucks of course, then finding Vista Way where the welcome registration was held. I can only describe it as a few hours of scoping (more like judging), standing, filling out paper work, meeting people ("where you from?", "I drove", "have you seen the new Winnie the Pooh movie?"), more lines, more people, the general starting out stuff. I picked my apartment complex and got into Chathum and got the last bed in a two room apartment. Then got to my apartment...it sounds so strange saying that. But the housing apartment complexes are amazing. Pool, club house, laundry, fitness center, etc. I feel like I'm on vacation (which might not be good cause it still has to hit me that I am going to be here longer than a week). Walked in with mom and Nicole and got greeted by a few girls and some parents. One screemed (no screeched), "ROOOOOMMATTTTTES!" I noted to myself to check my ears later for permanent damage. I am rooming with Rachel and she is the sweetest; an only child from Massachusetts ("but not that kind of spoiled only child!" as she says). After all that hub-bub of meeting each other and more excitement screeches (oh my) we had to get ready to take the bus to CASTING which is where we would be finding out where we work.

More lines, more waiting, more people. We got into an atrium type thing and stood in a line (again). There was a lady and a man who were asking for last names and giving out the sticker of where we were going to be working. This was it. The moment of truth. I lucked out with my apartment and lucked out with my normal roommate, would I luck out again? The guy got to me and asked for my last name. I answered. He looked at the paper then looked at me and then pinched me. He said, "I do that do people who work at this place". And then said those magical words...

"You will be working at Cinderella's Castle"

Pause. Stop. What? NO. Wait. For real? Pinch me again.

You mean this one?


I can't believed I lucked out a third time. The first person I texted was mom and she texted back, "Are you crying?". Haha. I could have I'm sure.

My role title is "Cinderella's Seater". So I figure it will be a hostess like job. Where I seat all the little princesses and princess and their oh-so happy parents. I have never been in the castle before and I heard that every hour the princess come out to the tables to greet the guest. This job could possibly kill me. But we will see. For all I know it could mean I clean off Cinderella's thrown every five minutes. But I'm grateful and excited to see what awaits in that world-wide known building.

After all that there were more lines, paper work, fingerprinting, backround checking, all that stuff. Then back to the apartment to attempt to unpack. I have too much stuff and too little drawers. Rachel has been an awesome roommate and we'll get more in order tomorrow. The next few days are more meetings and orientation type stuff. Then training in food and beverage and the Magic Kingdom history. Lots and lots of information.

It's weird having an apartment. It's weird having a roommate. It's weird how it hasn't hit me yet that most of this stuff is real. It's weird meeting new people. Alot of things are weird. In a good way though. In a "I'm way to incredibly blessed and my journey has just begun" sort of way.

Thank you for all the support and comments and good luck texts. I feel extremely loved.

1 comment:

  1. Everything sounds so exciting! So cool you get to work in the castle!! I'm glad to hear you're doing well :) much love!

    ReplyDelete