Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Smiling Through Change

Had my first day without a trainer with me. It was nerve-racking to start but after you get the hang of things and you are with so many people that are willing to help you out it seems to go by really fast. Tonight was the monumental moment that it hit me where I actually work. At the end of the night we have to take lost and found items to City Hall. But you take a "shortcut". I turned around and saw the top of the Castle all in blue and fireworks going off. It was glorious...and it was only half of the Castle! I was blown away. And by the end of the night just getting more comfortable with everything is a nice feeling. Feeling more apart of the crew then the "new girl". I still have alot to learn and get comfortable with but it was definitely a good day to start with. I feel so incredibly blessed still to have gotten this job. Its unbelievable and I am just going to continue to be myself and work hard.

As I was talking to mom after work I was telling her about all my different jobs as a "seater" compared to "shampoo girl" and it made me think how I should chart them! It really is amazing of how things are similar in a lot of different ways.



This is what I came up with.

SALON

CINDERELLA’S ROYAL TABLE

Fold towels

Fold napkins

Walk alot...but it's like short sprints back and forth

Walk a lot…it’s a little bit more space than we had at the salon...there are elevators involved and maps and doors and stairs.

Prepare the customers by shampooing then giving them a magazine

Prepare the guests by seating them then giving them menus

In my element in the sense I know the regulars and can converse easily

In my element in the sense I love meeting new people and sometimes can think I’m an actual character instead of a seater

Family-like feel. You can read each other and joke around normally

Very family-like feel. Before the shift started I felt awkward in the break room where everyone knows each other but by the end of the night I was hugging people and joking around too

Your favorite regulars –getting asked the day after a big event how it went because they remembered from when you told them last week.

You favorite guests-A lady left and came to the podium and asked if we had a rating system for the restaurants here because it was “by the far the best dining experience I’ve ever had”

Other costumers-

“Those are the prices?! Well someone just isn’t getting a tip then”

Other guests-

“Can I tell you something…I’ve been through hell this vacation so we better get and awesome table”

My ankle has not gone down in swelling or pain. I am still taking every pill and at work it wasn't bothering me. Once I stop thought that is when it hits me. I enjoy walking pain-free so any prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Now, I have a headache and need to sleep in.

1 comment: